articulate aristocrats

Sunday, December 03, 2006

I'll believe in anything.

I'm pretty sure my brain is a pretty great place. I just don't have access to the really great parts.

I believe this because every morning in the few minutes following my alarm, while I am still in that weird groggy in between sleep place, I have brillant thoughts. Either I come up with some amazing theory on human nature, or develope some amazing character, or a great song pops into my head. I'm pretty sure that these are all the tail ends of my dreams.

I then stumble into the shower, where the thoughts disappear within a few minutes, and I can never remember them.

However, the songs usually stick for a few hours, and its usually an overly appropriate song. Typically:

'Never as Tired as When I'm Waking Up'- LCD Soundsystem
'Golden Slumbers'- The Beatles
'I'm Only Sleeping'- The Beatles
etc.

I wish my conscious self was nearly as cool as my sub-conscious. I wish my genius expanded outside the walls of my shower.

Life is funny and London is winding down and Robin comes out in ONE week. He's here for ONE week, then we're in Barcelona for four days, then we head back to southern california, where the confusion will start to set in.

Run on sentences rule.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to head up to the San Francisco Bay for New Years. This will allow me a couple of days to spend with my family for Christmas and my birthday, then will allow me to spend time with my Lauren in the bay. When I was 17 I believed that once Lauren and I were legal together, we had potential to rule the world. We shall now see. And I still have faith.

This will also allow me to see Two Gallants play their 'homecoming' show in sf from coming home from their european tour...which I attended the first week of a couple weeks back. I've been obsessing over 'My Madonna' and I don't know why.

I have taken an uncomfortably lazy day today. I'm really sick. I'm pretty sure I have the plague and will not be allowed back in to the U.S.
Eh...thats not too bad.

Sorry for an update completly unrelated to any London adventures. I went out a lot last week, had too much fun...went on a three hour excursion for burritos yesterday(so worth it) and hit up the markets today. My internship is minding numbing and makes the days go by way too quickly. There. Thats all the London you need.

I kind of just want to be home tonight. With my cats. On my mac. Being lazy in my pjs. Mostly with my cats. I've got plans to self destruct this week though. Going out and keeping up.

Alright alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home