articulate aristocrats

Saturday, November 18, 2006

taxidermied cats london pub

I'm really excited that through sitemeter I am able to see that someone found my blog by searching for the above phrase in google.

That pretty much sums up all you need to know of my experiences in london.

I believe lauren taylor said something to the extent of 'I believe that london is simultaneously destroying you and fixing you.' Maybe not that, but something like that.

And thats how it feels.

Or something.

I'm afraid to go to sleep cause I feel like I'm missing out on something. I really dont sleep much anymore, but Im not tired...ever.

We went out for Alissa's birthday tonight. We dont go out to eat very often...its freaking expensive. Case in point: Really good fajitas, 2 margaritas...26GBP. Or, about 50usd.

Seriously. Its hard to find decent mexican food here, yeah, but 50 bucks dude...

I'm averaging only spending about 10 pounds a week on food though...so a really good meal for 26 isn't THAT bad.

Blah. I'm boring myself.

The circle and district lines were down today, and everyone was travelling through central london to go christmas shopping and whatnot. The underground was a fucking nightmare. Twice they pulled up to a platform, then announced they wouldn't be opening the doors because of overcrowding. There were cops doing crowd control at green park station. So I made my 'way out' and walked london all day. Which was good, cause it was a pretty gorgeous day.

My hair has been cut and it looks freaking atrocious. It makes me really, really sad.

I 'won' tickets to the 'premiere' of the Vice Guide to Travel at RESFEST tomorrow at the National Film Theatre. Anything with david cross is choice. (btw, they air arrested development here at like 1am on saturdays, or some ridiculous hour like that, I've only caught it once).

So yeah, I'm a winner baby.

I don't think I'm going to go back to work til it slows down in january. Despite what I originally thought, December 26th might not be the best day to jump back into the serving world. I'm terrified. Americans are mean.

Thats that and whatnot.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:37 AM, Blogger Robin David Brown said…

    Less than 4 weeks till robin brown's new haircut hits the streets of london. I'm seeing Hot Chip in Suck Diego tomorrow... possibly alone if derek and morgan can't make it( they bought tickets to the show after already having bought ducks tickets)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home